Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm a Winner!

No, not the Power Ball Lottery, although I thought I was going to be the big winner. I'll have to keep trying for that.


 
I did earn the status of "Winner" on Nanowrimo.org 

At 10:30 tonight, Nov. 29, 2012, I completed over 50,000 words written this month. I have written my first complete novel. I now need to go back and read it to see if it is any good.

The best part of completing this challenge is, well, completing it! I had a deadline which forced me to sit down and write.

It turned out to be quite an enjoyable time, just letting the words flow instead of trying too hard to make them sound just right. I now need to go back and do a lot of editing, re-wording, cutting or maybe just scrapping the whole thing.

But I did it! In one month I wrote over 50,000 words. Okay, enough bragging. Just wanted to let you know I completed it.

6 comments:

  1. way to go Janice!! congrats on completing the challenge! You are the second blogger I know of that has done this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would do it Mom, good job. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one challenge I don't think I could do. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Hope we all get to read the published results.

    ReplyDelete