Thursday, December 6, 2012

Another first for Sugar


 There’s something strange going on. Everyone is talking about Christmas. I never heard of Christmas before. Another first for Sugar!

Mama and Papa put a tree in our living room. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t like it ‘cause I do. But it doesn’t look or smell like the trees I am used to sniffing around outside.

This one is white and they put all these pretty things on it. And this tree lights up! Yeah, it really does.  It shines white lights in our room.  I never saw a tree light up before.

Oh yea, speaking of lights, now when Mama and me go outside at night, there are colored lights all over our street. And to top it off, we have some on our house. It really looks glamorous out there. You know, glamorous like me!




There’s more though. Lots more. And this part is kinda’ scary to me. I hear talk of this guy, Santa, who is coming to town. Yep…to my town, Girard. That’s where I live when I’m not at the campground. So okay, he’s welcome to come to my town; but now because he is coming, I have to be good, not naughty, but nice.



And he can see what I am doing, daytime or night.  Oh boy, I might be in some trouble. (I hope he doesn’t tell Papa about some of the stuff I’ve done.) He might find out I am the one who steals his shoes and drags them wherever I want them. Not in the closet-that’s boring. And mama was pretty upset with me when I rolled in that stinky stuff that day. 

Oh yea, here’s more. This guy, Santa, (I probably shouldn’t say this but…..{whispering so Mama doesn’t hear me} “He’s fat!” And I hear he is going to slide down our chimney and come into the house through our fireplace. Good luck Santa-our fireplace opening isn’t that big. But I guess he has ways around that. Maybe he smears butter on himself to slide down easier. I’ve heard Papa tell Mama maybe she needs some butter to slide into her slacks.
 

Anyway, I think we need to move our couch so when his slippery body hits the floor, he can get outta that fireplace. Boy, Mrs. Claus is gonna’ be mad at him when he gets home ‘cause his clothes are gonna’ be real dirty from sliding down sooty old chimneys. Remember, Santa, how mad Mama got at me when I got all dirty? Mrs. Claus is gonna’ make you take a bath as soon as you get home. Hopefully you won’t stink like I did.

So anyways, if I’m a good girl (or he doesn’t find out about some of the bad stuff I’ve done), I guess he brings presents, wrapped up all pretty. I’m so excited! Presents for Sugar!. I wonder If it will be more pretty clothes, or a new toy, maybe a bone, or even treats. Yea…I really like treats.

When I see Mama get the little jar of chicken treats out, I immediately start doing the “Happy Dance” for her. Sometimes that is not what she wants me to do but I can’t help it. I really do get happy when I see those treats. So, Santa, if you want to bring me treats, that’s okay with me.

 

There’s another thing about Christmas - Lots of pretty music. They even named the songs after that girl, Carol. You know, they call them Christmas Carols. I like the one about Rudolph. He has a red nose. Not me…I got a black one to match my eyes. I wonder if Rudolph’s eyes are red like his nose?

I can’t wait to see the presents wrapped under the tree. Mama has come home with lots of packages lately but she won’t let me nose around in them. Maybe after they are under the tree, I can do some sneaking and peeking.

Oh..Oh.. right..right…Me and Lily are not supposed to get under that tree and play with each other. I like to tackle her but she just keeps pretending to be a snake making snakey-like noises, then she acts like a boxer and starts boxing my nose. I learned how to stand up on my back legs and box right back at her. But we are not allowed to do that anymore under the tree. We got yelled at last night for doing that. (I hope Santa didn’t see that one.)

Okay…for now, I’m gonna’ go put on my “Good Sugar” face and sit with Papa. I hope this Christmas thing turns out real nice for you too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment