Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wondering about my audience

For some reason, one of my posts, "It turned out to be a good weekend" has been popular. There is nothing especially interesting in that post to most people who don't know me or follow my blog.

I have gotten many "anonymous comments" on that post which automatically go to my spam folder. I went in and adjusted comments so that posts older than 14 days would not allow any comments, thinking this would slow down the anonymous emails. It did slow them down so I went back in and put it back to anyone can comment. This then brought on more "anonymous comments" so I put the filter back on.

When I check my stats, my biggest audience is from France. I know no one from France and am wondering why so many people from France are viewing my blog and I believe that particular post.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I am not complaining about having too many views, but I am concerned that something is happening behind the scenes on the internet and my blog is the vehicle. Can this happen?

2 comments:

  1. Don't really know why this happens, Janice..some words just seem to attract those dang spam comments! I have a blog post called 'condone' that is a year old and still gets spam comments. 'France'?, wow, you are popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, me too. When I started blogging I moderated each and every comment. Then I went to word verification. Then I moderated anything over 2 weeks. I still get some spam, and on the weirdest posts :)

    ReplyDelete