Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sugar Does Photo Shoots



I’m not sure but I think I might be a model. You know, one of those gals that someone is always snapping her picture?
Sometimes they pose, sometimes they don’t. That’s me. Most of the time, the photographer has to be quick to get my picture.
But don’t think I don’t know when Mama is trying to get a good shot. I’ll sit real pretty for a second or two but she still has to be fast.
So, anyway, today, she puts my leash on and we head out like we are going on a walk. Only this time, she has her camera and Papa decides to tag along. I’m really excited because I like when Papa walks me.

We get to this great pile of leaves that I love to play in, and Mama says, “I want to get a picture of her in all those leaves. I think that would be cute.”
So I saunter into those pretty leaves and Papa says, “Sit!”

“Sit? I don’t want to sit in these leaves. I want to ruffle through them, see what I find. “

Man I really love the way they crinkle under my feet. Then they start to stick to my fur like I’m some kind of Velcro toy or something. “Get off me!” I twist and turn my head around to pull at those darn leaves.
 Then I find a special one on the ground and decide it is mine to carry.



Mama tells me again to sit, so I do so she can get just the right shot. Cheese! I think to myself, rather bored. 

We get through that and I think I am off for the rest of my walk with Papa and Mama.

We come upon a bunch of things called pumpkins. I’ve never seen these before. They are kind of cute but not round enough for me to roll around.

So then I am told again, “Sugar sit!” and Papa puts me by these new things in my life and expects me to sit there real pretty. I’d rather go sniff them out and see why I should sit in front of them. They don’t move, they don’t make a sound and I can’t pick any of them up with my teeth. Darn…these things aren’t that great.

Then the modeling photo shoot really starts. Papa gets me to sit for a second, but Mama didn’t snap soon enough. By the time she did, I had turned back to look at Papa. “Can’t you get me out of here Papa so we can continue on our walk?”
Nope, it is not to be. I hear “Sit” again and again until finally I submit and do so. Finally Mama gets the picture that she wants, or close-enough, and I am allowed to get up.
“Okay guys. Let’s get on with this walk.” Wait, we are not going to finish going around the block like we always do? We’re heading back to the camper from the way we came? No, this can’t be!

What about that frog I know is up there by Dan’s driveway? How am I going to pick that up and have Mama make me drop it if we go back the way we came? This isn’t fair! I do all the modeling and then we have to go back to the camper! Geez.
On the way back, we came across some Halloween decorations. I’m not sure what that is all about either but I know Mama and Papa got me a costume to wear.
Mama says pics of me by these will make some nice Halloween cards and then Papa goes crazy! “Are you out of your mind?” he asks Mama. 
No she is not out of her mind, she just loves me and thinks I am so darn cute, which I am.

1 comment: