Friday, June 1, 2012

Sugar Shack

Hi There! My name is Sugar.


Jan & Ken are my new family

The place I stay in at night is called the Sugar Shack. Wonder who thought of that one? I can agree with the “shack” part of the name, but the Sugar part, no way. I know what Sugar is and that is sweet, sweet, sweet like me. This place is not what I call “sweet”. I might call it a dump except then it would be my fault for messing it up.

It's me,Sugar, rough housing in the Shack!

I mean, look at it. I live in a home with barred windows. What else can that mean?
And the view from in here is not great either. Everything I see is at ground level. No high rise condo with a view of the water for me.
Wish I could play with my ball


It isn’t really that bad though. I only stay inside this shack at night or sometimes if my family leaves for a little while. I try as hard as I can to maintain my dignity and behave in here but I get lonesome and bored so I bark and bark and then I turn on the tears.  The crying usually brings someone running to check on me at night because that is when my family is home.
But when they leave me in here and go away, no one seems to care. I worry whether anyone will ever come to get me out of here. You see, once the door closes, I am locked inside. This is not your typical home where you turn the knob and the door opens. They forgot to put a knob on the inside for me. What a shack!
The furnishings in here are sparse too. There is only a towel to lie on and my teddy bear and me. Maybe someday I will get a chew toy to keep me occupied while I am in here. Anyone out there have an extra chew toy they want to donate to Sugar?






Well, I’m off to work with my Mama. I hope I can behave again today in her office. I hear her telling people that I have been a good girl. Let’s see what happens today.
Until I get back to you,
Woof, Woof.




1 comment:

  1. welcome to blogville Sugar!!!..you are a cutie!!..hang in there in your Sugar Shack..one day you will be free!!..Our Tucker use to have his 'shack' in our bedroom....that waas the advice we got from the vet..worked like a charm....no crying or barking in the middle of the night..

    ReplyDelete