Sunday, June 10, 2012

Time Flies and then We Retire

It's been a while since I posted. Life has gotten hectic since we adopted Sugar, you know the gal who keeps taking my computer to post her own thoughts. She is a sweetie so her name fits. Ken says she is going to keep me young. I found that funny because in order to "keep" me young, I need to be young. I am getting a lot more exercise walking her (when she will walk on the leash) and chasing her to take things out of her mouth. She really has brightened up my life. I still miss Clayton but having Sugar helps fill the void. I didn't know if I ever would get another dog. After my heart started to heal a little, I considered adopting a rescue dog, one that was over a year old and already housebroken and somewhat trained. I didn't picture myself starting over with a puppy. But once I saw her, she had me. She is just too darn cute!  We weren't looking for a dog when she happened into our lives. A family here at the campground had three pups. Two were already spoken for and Sugar was the last. A friend was showing her to our neighbor so I went over to see her. That was it. If I hadn't taken her, the neighbor would have. He said he was glad I took her because he can now watch her grow up.

In a recent post I talked about Barb who turned 65. Well she did it up right. The week of her birthday, she unexpectedly decided to retire in two weeks. We are all so happy for her. She worked at the same company since graduating high school. Over 46 years at the same place is a rare event anymore. Congratulations Barb! Enjoy your life of leisure because you definitely deserve it.


Our daughter, Karin, with her Aunt Barb
We enjoyed Barb's retirement party last Friday, the day she retired. It was put together quickly by her co-workers and was held at a local restaurant/bar which is frequented by the workers of the company.
Barb smiled all evening as she greeted people she worked with over the years. Everyone likes Barb so there were a lot of people coming and going throughout the night.




Our grandsons, the A-team, showed up and each handed Aunt Barb a rose. Andrew spilled the beans though when he said, "My mom says we have to give this to you." To add insult to injury, the roses were taken from a boquet one of the co-workers gave Barb! The moment was still special though and one Barb will remember.

The local place where Barb's party was held has so much character and memories for so many people in our community. People who went there as kids are now taking their kids and grandkids back to this little place. I'll do a post soon with some interesting facts about the Golden Dawn in Youngstown, Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. time does indeed fly on by!..congrats to Barb on her retirement!.now the fun can begin!!!

    ReplyDelete