Thursday, September 15, 2011

Raccoons vs Skunks

One of the questions Ken asked out here was, "Do you have problems with raccoons?" The answer was "No. But we have skunks."

Oh boy, no more raccoons, but YEAH...skunks?????? I have never seen a "live" skunk. I have seen them dead along the road. I have smelled them. But I have never seen one.



He is kinda cute though!

As you know from my previous blogs, I enjoy experiencing and seeing new things regarding nature. But guess what? I DON"T want to see a live skunk.

But I did get to experience the "fresh sweet scent" of one Tuesday night. I was awakened from a dead sleep by the smell of a skunk who had released his potient. It smelled like he had been right underneath my window in the camper. I tried to ignore it. Didn't work. I closed my window. Didn't work. I closed the vents. Didn't work. I put my head under the pillow. Helped a little. I finally fell back to sleep and when I awoke the smell was gone.

I read that a person can smell the skunk's release a mile away if down wind. I hope we were a mile away!

No comments:

Post a Comment