Saturday, September 24, 2011

Now We Are the Newbies

Well we are now the newbies here. Starting over. Learning the ropes and rules. I haven't ventured far yet and actually I'm feeling a little shy. Shy at my age? Yeah. That's just a part of my makeup. Once I get to know you though, look out- I don't shut up (as Ken reminds me sometimes).

I plan to take part in activities here when they happen. We have met many people but it takes time to form "friendships". We left many friends behind at Mosquito Lake Campground that is for sure. We miss them and hope to stay in touch with them all. We also realize that sometimes when you move away that is hard to do.

Rosalie and Roger, former campground hosts at Mosquito, are leaving soon for their "Full Time RVing Life". We wish them the best and are envious. Roger will retire at the end of this month and away they will go. Their dream has been fulfilled. Congratulations!! I suspect that they hope to stay in touch with friends too and hope that is possible. I am anxious to follow their trails through emails, Facebook (UGGHHH) or maybe a blog.

There will be a Halloween event here on October 22, so I am looking forward to that. I plan to have the grandsons here (the A Team) and hopefully by taking part, we will make more friends. If help is needed and it is something I am capable of, I may volunteer. We will see. They have a hayride for the kids and they take the kids "trick or treating" on the hay wagon. They drive up and down the streets and people come out to the road to pass out the candy. That sounds like a great idea. I am anxious to see what other events they have planned.

Well, it is a beautiful day and I plan to get my chores done and spend some time outside. Who knows, maybe I will start a new friendship today.

Enjoy The Fall, because I see leaves turning already.

No comments:

Post a Comment