Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You Never Know Where You will meet Good Friends

Yesterday I posted about it being Ken's birthday. I gave him his gift early so he could use it over the weekend. The kids bought his gift at the Canfield Fair so he got that early. So it seemed that on his actual birthday there was no real celebration going on. I felt kind of bad when I left for work, knowing he was off (he is off every Monday) and just doing stuff around the camper that needed done. The weekend was full for the whole family so we didn't get together to celebrate like we usually do for everyone's birthday in the family. Ken was fine with it, not wanting a celebration.

When I got back to camp after work, Ken had a fire going and the grill was getting hot. He made us hoagies and while he was cooking, our neighbors at camp came in. We invited them over for hoagies. They told me they would be over and had planned to come over anyway. I was surprised and said, "You were?" Their reply was, "Yes, for Ken's birthday."

They walked over carrying a cake for Ken's birthday much to our surprise. We sat by the fire after eating, talked and laughed and another friend came to celebrate and have cake with us too. Our friends didn't spend the night at camp but had made a special effort to come just to celebrate Ken's birthday. Now those are Good Friends.

1 comment: