Wednesday, November 23, 2011

For these things I give thanks to Thee….


My salvation, the greatest gift that could possibly be given. My Father in Heaven sacrificed His son for my sins. I cannot fathom doing that.

My husband, Ken- My best friend for over 40 years. The person I know I can lean on, depend on, and who I know always has my back. His sense of responsibility is great as is his honesty. His morals are above reproach. He is an answer to my long ago prayers.

My children, Karin and Kenny- who are responsible, self-reliant adults who have sensitivity to others with a caring nature. Both know right from wrong. Their spouses are a welcome addition to our family. Seeing my children happy makes me happy.

My grandchildren, the A-Team: 
Aaron with his crooked little smile when you compliment him, his artistic talents and great writing ability.
Andrew whose sweetness and smoothness rolls like warm caramel over ice cream.
Austin with his great wisdom and curiosity, so concerned with others’ feelings, yet so hard on himself to be perfect. 

Old friends – in the past year several old friends have come back into my life unexpectedly bringing great joy. Friends of a life time, some you see often, some you seldom see or talk to. But a friend is someone you can pick up with immediately when you see them or talk to them. It is like you never lost contact.

New friends - made this past year, mostly at the campground. There are so many types of people in this world and each one of us has something interesting about us. I’m thankful for the opportunities I have to make new friends.

Davis Center Writing group – Our co-ordinator, Karen Shubert, has the ability to bring out our good points and to gently nudge us in the areas where we need more work. The group is friendly, fun and most of all talented. I marvel at what each person puts down in words and how those words affect me.

My job – It helps to provide for my existence. It is not who I am but where I work. I enjoy what I do, my co-workers, and my boss. Not a career, a job.

Acceptance – something I have been working on in my personal life. To be able to accept each person, no matter what they look like, how they act, where they live, work, or socialize. Each person is different and each person has unique qualities. Acceptance of oneself is probably the hardest.

Home –
My summer home in the camper where I am most content, at peace and enjoying God’s creations around me.
My permanent home built nearly 100 years ago, still standing strong, where memories were made not only by my family but those who lived here before me. Its walls have provided me a safe haven, a warm shelter, and a place to call home.

Answered prayers – In the last several months many of my prayers have been answered. I am seeing results that I know I did not produce.

My list could go on and on but I will stop. It feels good to take the time to list some of the things that are good in my life. Oftentimes I pay more attention to negative things and don’t see all the good that is really happening.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
May you have many things for which to give thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I love this post! We should all write things like this down and share with the people we love the most! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Karin! I have such a wonderful family

    ReplyDelete