Monday, November 7, 2011

The Woodpile Jinx

We've done it again! Moved another woodpile! Can you believe it? Me neither. But it's true.

In my post about locking up and leaving, I posted a picture of our new nice neat, out of the way woodpile to be used to store the new wood we have recently split. It looked so nice, really it did.

That is until....
    Friday night when Ken came out to the campground after work. He was going to attend the Board Meeting later that evening. I had an appointment after work so I didn't go. My phone beeped because Ken had texted me. When I opened my phone, I couldn't make out what he was trying to say to me...all I could read was "The woodpile go...." then a picture came up. I don't have a fancy phone, just a phone with no frills or thrills. Pictures in texts are very small and hard to make out and there is no way to enlarge them. I thought he was telling me the woodpile was gone. I couldn't believe someone would have taken all that wood but you never know. So I had no idea what Ken was trying to tell me until after my appointment when I called him back.

With despair in his voice he said, "The woodpile go boom". 

"What? Is it gone?" I asked.-

"Didnt' you look at the picture I sent you?" he asked.

"Yes, but I couldn't make it out. The pictures are too small on my phone."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"So what happened to our woodpile? Did someone take it?"

"No, it fell over."


So guess what we were doing Saturday afternoon? How did you know? We were moving the woodpile again. Ken figures that the woodpile was at a slant next to the shed because of the hill. The whole thing fell over. It was eight feet high and eight feet wide. We decided that we would move the woodpile to the other side of the camper where the slide out is.  I wonder how long it will stay there? I foresee woodpiles being moved again in the spring. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment