Saturday, January 19, 2013

Party Girl, Court, and Cone Head


My week was filled to the max.
I appeared in court Monday after being subpoenaed, not a big deal.
A new experience for me sitting on the stand, talking into the mike. All went well in the end.
 Lots of year end stuff going on at work to keep my mind boggled. This too will pass.

Birthdays come and they go. I try to keep mine low key
But that doesn’t mean others will go along with that idea.
I found out I must be a nice person after all (maybe most of the time)
Although I don’t always feel that way.
My birthday started shortly after midnight with a kiss and “Happy Birthday” from Ken.

As I was gathering my things for work, my phone rang and the A-Team each wished me Happy Birthday.

A few minutes later I noticed I had a text from my son. What he wrote made my day!



 When I got to work, my office had been decorated, and later balloons were delivered to add to the décor. We had cake at lunch.
In between working, my cell phone rang several times, I received texts, and even emails wishing me Happy Birthday!








In the mid afternoon another delivery – beautiful flowers from the A-Team to Munya. I couldn’t ask for better grandsons, because there could not be any better anywhere in the world.

Several friends went to dinner after work to celebrate. It was so nice to sit around a long table just talking, catching up and seeing friends I’d not seen for a while who made the special effort to be there. That meant so much to me.
When I got home I felt elated. I had a WONDERFUL birthday. I’m so glad my family and friends didn’t let me forget about it. Really, I’m only one day older than I was the day before my birthday. How bad can that be?
Thursday was one of those stressful days at work. Ken and I both were ready to let down so we went to the Roadhouse for dinner. We had good food, beer, and relaxed. By the time we left, both of us were in much better moods.

Our little Sugar had her “surgery” yesterday. She will not be giving us any cute little puppies. All went well and she has been good. As a precaution, we put the cone on her head before bedtime. She doesn’t know what to make of it. She hates it and so do I. But as the instructions from the vet say, “It’s only a week out of her life and she won’t remember it later.”
 
 
I will be celebrating my birthday again tonight with my family. We will be at Karin and Bill’s house with the A-Team. Kenny and Marissa and their two nieces, Danica and Ashlyn, and Barb and Jerry will be there too. We are planning to play games with the kids. I love playing board games. Andrew on the other hand, finds them to be too much like homework because he has to think. Oh well, Andrew, I still want you to play. I hear you are getting pretty good at Clue.
I hope all of you had a great week too. What wonderful thing happened in your life this week?

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday, Janice! looks like you are enjoying all the celebrations!
    Sugar looks cute in her cone!..albiet none to happy but cute just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday from Ray n Wendy. Now thats a busy week.

    ReplyDelete