Sunday, August 5, 2012

Rejection is not all Bad

This week I received my first rejection letter to an article I submitted for publication.
One would think I would feel bad that it was not accepted for print but I don’t.
Actually receiving the rejection letter makes me feel good. It affirms that what I wrote was read by someone, considered, but found to be unacceptable for what they are looking for. 
I expect to get rejection letters, more than I expect to get acceptance letters.
Even though that article will not appear in that publication, I still feel like I have achieved something. I am closer to my goal of having something published and with each article submitted, will be one step closer.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on even submitting something worthy of maybe being printed!..kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep Trying Mom! We all believe in you! Go for the big one, submit a book!

    ReplyDelete