Friday, May 4, 2012

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MOVE A SHED?

Sunday is our projected day to move our shed from the old lot to our new lot. Ken and our son, Kenny, have done lots of planning. I have done lots of thinking about it. The idea of moving a shed is overwhelming to me.

Some of my fears:  Getting it on the trailer- from the ground to the trailer, and traveling from one site to the other without it falling over, getting it to fit through areas, getting it off the trailer. How do men physically accomplish this?

I looked online for ideas. some were plain stupid, some were only moving the shed across a yard, and others required EZ movers. I called around to see if those could be rented anywhere near here but could not locate any. One of the easiest ways I found online were these wheels you could slide under the shed and attach and then you pulled the trailer. But you needed some special equipment to pull it with and we don't have that either.

So I guess I have to leave this project to the pros, Ken and Kenny and Billy and anyone else who volunteers to help. I definitely have no mechanical abilities to add any input.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help? Here's a picture of the shed. It is 8 foot wide and 10 feet deep.

1 comment:

  1. You probably have your shed all moved now. How did it go? Happy Mothers' Day. Stay safe out there...

    ReplyDelete