Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Goodbye Little Buddy

Ken and I had a very difficult weekend. We lost our little buddy, Clayton, our 15 year old dog. He loved camping and was with us at the campground this weekend.



Clayton napping at camp last Monday 3/19/12

 How come it hurts so much when we lose a pet? I know for me it is because he became part of the family. Kenny had originally gotten Clayton from a shelter for a friend. That friend was only allowed to keep him for about a month before her parents decided they didn't want two dogs in the house. We came home one night and found Clayton tied to our deck steps. At the time, we had a lab living with us and we said we didn't want any more dogs. The problem was, I had fallen in love with  Clayton the first time I saw him before he went to Kenny's friend's house. Kenny then took Clayton to his grandfather's house. Frank loved dogs and said he would keep Clayton. That lasted only about 2 days before I couldn't stand it anymore. I told Ken I really did want Clayton. Frank agreed to let me have him back and he has been with us ever since.


Now that he is gone, I have told Frank (deceased) that he can have Clayton again for a while but someday I will take him back again. Take good care of him for me Frank.

3 comments:

  1. so very sorry for the loss of your beloved, Clayton..15 is a good long life for a bigger dog..but I know it doesn't make the pain any easier...
    at least Clayton won't be alone..he has Frank for now..
    hugs to you both..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when a beloved pet and member of your family dies. I know that pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you do. I saw where you lost your beloved old pet too. I'm sorry for your loss. We grieve together.

    ReplyDelete