Friday, March 30, 2012

640M Dollar Mega Millions

I’m in. Are you? A group of co-workers play when the pot gets big enough. Isn’t that funny- “When the pot gets big enough?” How big does it have to be to worth it? I think the lowest pot is 12M. Can’t we learn to enjoy life on that? Even split 9-10 ways? How greedy are we anyway?

I love when I hold the copy of the tickets in my hand. I look over the numbers, see if we have any duplicate mega numbers, wonder if that gives us better chances of winning. I’m not going to analyze it. It is luck.

Then I like to daydream about what I would do with all that money. I don’t need that much money, but then again, does anyone really need 600 million? I don’t even care if I have to share the pot with a couple other winners, and then we split the pot here at work. Share the wealth. There seems to be enough to go around and help several people.

Ken saw on the news this morning that 90% of lottery winners go bankrupt in five years. That’s too bad. Don’t most people play it to improve their lives, make life easier and more enjoyable? Maybe we humans get too caught up in the material things in life and forget about the important things like family, religion, trust, responsibility, and caring for and giving to each other.

What would I do with the money…….

Pay off all debts.

Quit work.

Improve our retirement account

 Make sure my family is taken care of financially

Set up college funds for my grandchildren so they could go to any college they choose

Give to charities or causes I want to support

Buy a motor home

Travel

Have free time to spend with my family and friends

I doubt I need 600M to accomplish those goals. I guess the rest of the money would just sit in the bank collecting dust balls. I have a happy life now and know that money doesn’t buy happiness. It can alleviate some pressures and worries but true happiness does not come from the green stuff.

Still…..I hope I win.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you win too!..your list is pretty small in comparison to the 'big prize'!!

    ReplyDelete