Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today my mom turned 85 (oops...sorry Mom, I mean 27). Happy  Birthday.

I am a lucky person because many of my relatives lived to an old age (unlike my mom who is still young). My grandfather on my mom's side lived to 85 (just like my mom should be) and my grandmother on my mom's side lived to be 104. Good genetics are in my blood. I tease my kids and tell them they will have to take care of me for a long time. My son in law is too smart for that and says, "I won't be here that long to take care of you." I hope he is wrong.

I have no idea how long I will live, but I hope that I enjoy and am thankful for each day, for the family and friends in my life, my healthy, and for all the things, large and small in my life. There is a song that says something about living each day as if you were dying. I have an idea what he is referring to and I think he is right.

If we knew we only had a set amount of time left to live, I wonder how differently we would live it. All the things that we put off until tomorrow (and I am THE PERFECT example of someone who does that) would soon become so important to us.

Go out and enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment