Thursday, November 9, 2017

Like a Mourning Dove

I once saw a video of a mourning dove standing in the street next to another dove who was dying. The healthy dove, never left the side of the sick one.

The video was heart wrenching, seeing the devotion of one dove to the other.

Like a mourning dove, I have been lucky enough to find my soul mate that I plan to spend the rest of my life with. Given the chance, I plan to be there until the end with him - whether that is me going first, or being there with him on his way out to a better world.

Like that dove, I have stood beside him, watching him suffer through experiences beyond his control -surgeries, sicknesses, pains, spells and
what-not.

Like that dove, I would do anything I could to alleviate that pain, take it away from him. Switch places if I could.

I will urge him to keep trying until I know he has no more to give. Until I know his time has come and I have to let go.
 
Likewise, I have watched "my dove", my soulmate, hurt so badly when I was down. It was an earth shattering event for him when I was in the hospital earlier this year and as I recuperated at home. Like that mourning dove in the street, he stayed by my side, crying on the inside and the outside, never wavering to help me in any way he could.

Like Mourning Doves, a couple so close and involved as one, we will make it together to the end.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell us more about this? I'd like to find out more details.

    ReplyDelete