Monday, February 20, 2017

Thank you Coaches Nick and Nate Jacubec

Coach Jakubec,

As the grandmother of a special young man, I want to thank you.

Thank you for taking on the 9th grade basketball team.

Thank you for the respect you showed to your players and for earning their respect back. It showed throughout the season. I watched as you remained cool, never screaming or degrading any of your players, never showing disappointment in the way they played, and showing pride when any of them excelled.


I appreciate all the time you gave up in your personal life for practices and games.

Thank you for teaching -teaching the game to the team.  I know you put in a lot of hard work.

Thank you for learning -learning how to coach; learning about the guys on your team and recognizing strengths and weaknesses in each boy. Learning how to utilize those strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Learning how to instill pride and confidence in each player.

Thank you for giving each boy on your team a chance. A chance to be on the team, a chance to grow, to play and to shine. Thank you for creating a "TEAM".



I am proud of the season our team had and how well they played together. The boys deserve a lot of credit as do both of the coaches who worked with them.

I hope you enjoyed our family chant when my grandson was put in the game:

"Hey McCullough's, what time is it? "

"It's ANDREW.......time!!"



One more thing, a special request from  me....Can you guys move up with these boys and become their JV Coaches?

No comments:

Post a Comment