Sunday, August 18, 2013

Clutzy Renovations

Okay, we finally got around to painting the kitchen and dinette. My good friend, Jeanette, came over one Wednesday evening and got us started. She is the gal who did the painting in all the other rooms that were painted before we moved in. She is so organized and calm about the whole procedure. I, on the other hand, enjoy painting but am not very neat about it. I wear more paint than the brush sometimes.

So we got the first coat almost done. I was on the ladder painting the trim near the cupboards and the header above it. I felt more comfortable with a brush and Jeanette prefers using a roller so it worked out well. What wasn't taped off, I trimmed before she painted.

After I got off the ladder, Jeanette got on to do her thing. She said, "Oh, I think I need to turn this ceiling fan off while I am up here." She then looked at me with a questioning look. "Was that on while you were up here?"

I looked up with a dumb look on my face I am sure. "Oh yeah, I was painting while that fan was going around and around."

"How in the world did you do that without getting hit with it? You must really be short!" she laughed.

Comes Saturday and Ken and I put the second coat on. I once again did the trim and he used the roller. Things were looking good. The room was nice and bright. We worked well together. The finished product:



Well, the tape still needed to come off. Once the paint dried, I pulled near the header and Ken got the stuff down lower. Coming along just fine until.....Whooosh, pling pling pling.

"What was that?" Ken asked me.

"Oh nothing. My hand just hit the fan blade when I pulled this tape back."

PLOP! "What was that?"

"Oh I guess I must have broke the fan because the blade just landed over there on the counter!" I explained as calmly as possible.



Yes, Blondie once again came through to take one step forward and two steps back. Our kitchen looked great (the walls anyway-don't look at the ceiling). The bright yellow walls really perked up the place, but the three bladed fan kind of looked out of place.

2 comments:

  1. I see a new fan in your future? one with four blades maybe?
    nice job on the painting sure brightens it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do you still have the fan parts? Your fan blade looks just like the one my son broke the arm off of…the arm that holds the blade to the fan. Any chance we could make some arrangement? Hope to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete